Barre&Baby™ Teacher Training has been tested by dance, health and babywearing professionals, plus over 400 mamas and mamas-to-be that I’ve had the pleasure of supporting through their journey into motherhood.
The course itself features contributions from a midwife and sling expert, plus a detailed training manual for you to keep, to provide both the theoretical and practical training necessary to teach ballet classes to pregnant women and new mothers.
In total, the course covers:
• Barre&Baby™ philosophy and approach
• Health benefits of ballet (and dance in general) during pregnancy and the postnatal period
• Applied anatomy study of the pregnant and postnatal body
• Stages of pregnancy and accompanying physical and emotional changes
• Breathing exercises for your clients to practice during pregnancy, labour and birth
• Guided meditation scripts
• Dos and Don’ts of pregnancy exercise
• Common postnatal ailments and how to alleviate them
• Psycho-emotional changes that can occur during the postnatal period
• Clear babywearing guidelines for the safe use of slings in babywearing ballet classes, run by the School of Babywearing
• Barre&Baby™ Pregnancy Ballet and Barre&Baby™ Mum&Baby Ballet class formats, plus daily practice classes during the course, so you have all the knowledge and experience you need to run your own Barre&Baby™ classes.
Before the course:
• Once you’ve submitted your application form, you’ll be invited for an informal interview and assessment. This can be done via Skype if you cannot easily get to London.
During the course:
• You are expected to attend and participate in all classes, as shown in the Barre&Baby™ Teacher Training schedule. If a session is missed, it must be taken at a later date in order for you to qualify. (Supplementary charge may apply.)
• You will be assessed on your ability to teach a class, including your ability to suggest modifications and additional support as sometimes needed by pregnant or postnatal women.
• You’ll be asked to attend 5 of Elisa’s normal (client-facing) Barre&Baby™ classes, including both Pregnancy and Mum&Baby Ballet (if you leave outside of London or UK, this point can be discussed).
Trainees who attend the whole course and successfully pass every assessment will receive the Barre&Baby™ Teacher certificate. This means you are a qualified Barre&Baby™ teacher and are accredited to teach the Barre&Baby™ method, either as an individual or in a pre-existing dance school.
To stay accredited, you must pass a fresh assessment every 2 years. This assessment is tailored to the individual teacher and will be done remotely e.g. via email.
Course dates and location
Barre&Baby™ Teacher Training will be run over 5 full days this spring:
11th April – 15th April 2018
10:00am-5pm (arrival between 9:30 – 10:00 for a prompt start at 10am every morning)
It will be held in Hammersmith, west London, in a location minutes away from two Underground stations served by the Hammersmith & City, Circle, Piccadilly and District lines.
Course fees and booking policy
The course fee is £850.
Early Bird Discount: £700 when you book and pay in full before 28th February 2018
The following terms and conditions apply:
• On enrollment for Barre&Baby™ Teacher Training, a deposit of £300 is required.
• Full payment (the remaining £550) must be paid by 12th March 2018.
• You must attend the entire class and pass every assessment in order to receive your Barre&Baby™ Teacher certificate.
• You may cancel this booking up to 30 days before the course start date, to receive a full refund minus an administration fee of around £40 (exact figure depends on your original method of payment).
• If you wish to cancel within 30 days of the start date, no refund will be possible unless there is a waiting list and your place is immediately taken by another trainee.
Any question please do not hesitate to ask.
BALLET CAN HELP FORM A MUM-BABY BOND THAT WILL LAST A LIFETIME.
Let’s be the movement that helps creating the BASE FOR A LOVING AND RESPECTFUL BEGINNING INTO THE WORLD.
I hope to be meeting you at the course!
With all my respect,
The course has been so much more than ballet for pregnant and new mothers. We all feel privileged that we are the first people you have shared your work with and to bringing these special classes to more mummies