Barre&Baby™ Teacher Training has been tested by dance, health and babywearing professionals, plus over 400 mamas and mamas-to-be that I’ve had the pleasure of supporting through their journey into motherhood.
The course itself features contributions from a sling expert, plus a detailed training manual for you to keep, to provide both the theoretical and practical training necessary to teach ballet classes to pregnant women and new mothers.
Since the classes involves babies, if you are expecting or have a baby, you are of course welcome to bring her or him along! This is also the beauty of teaching these classes: sharing your passion for your work with your baby!
In total, the course covers:
• Barre&Baby™ philosophy and approach
• Health benefits of ballet (and dance in general) during pregnancy and the postnatal period
• Applied anatomy study of the pregnant and postnatal body
• Stages of pregnancy and accompanying physical and emotional changes
• Breathing exercises for your clients to practice during pregnancy, labour and birth
• Guided meditation scripts
• Dos and Don’ts of pregnancy exercise
• Common postnatal ailments and how to alleviate them
• Psycho-emotional changes that can occur during the postnatal period
• Clear babywearing guidelines for the safe use of slings in babywearing ballet classes
• Barre&Baby™ Pregnancy Ballet and Barre&Baby™ Mum&Baby Ballet class formats, plus daily practice classes during the course, so you have all the knowledge and experience you need to run your own Barre&Baby™ classes.
Before the course:
• Once you’ve submitted your application form, you’ll be invited for an informal interview and assessment. This can be done via Skype if you cannot easily get to London.
During the course:
• You are expected to attend and participate in all classes, as shown in the Barre&Baby™ Teacher Training schedule. If a session is missed, it must be taken at a later date in order for you to qualify. (Supplementary charge may apply.)
• You will be assessed on your ability to teach a class, including your ability to suggest modifications and additional support as sometimes needed by pregnant or postnatal women.
• You’ll be asked to attend 5 of Elisa’s normal (client-facing) Barre&Baby™ classes, including both Pregnancy and Mum&Baby Ballet (if you leave outside of London or UK, this point can be discussed).
Trainees who attend the whole course and successfully pass every assessment will receive the Barre&Baby™ Teacher certificate. This means you are a qualified Barre&Baby™ teacher and are accredited to teach the Barre&Baby™ method, either as an individual or in a pre-existing dance school.
To stay accredited, you must pass a fresh assessment every year. This assessment is tailored to the individual teacher and will be done remotely e.g. via email.
Course dates and location
2019 Barre&Baby™ Teacher Training course will run over a period of 3 months, with pre-course work provided beginning of August as preparation for the training modules.
Course modules are:
Module 1: Fri 30th August to Sunday 1st September
Module 2: Fri 27th to Sunday 29th September
Module 3: Sat 19th to Sunday 20th October
10:00am-5pm (arrival between 9:30 – 9:45 for a prompt start at 10am every morning)
It will be held in Chiswick, West London.
I’d love to hear from you with comments/questions! Please feel free to email me firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s be the movement that helps creating the BASE FOR A LOVING AND RESPECTFUL BEGINNING INTO THE WORLD.
With all my respect,
The course has been so much more than ballet for pregnant and new mothers. We all feel privileged that we are the first people you have shared your work with and to bringing these special classes to more mummies